Monday, December 15, 2008

Giving Gifts

Sorting through all many tempting photos I've taken of my family and home since the last time I blogged Growing Gardens- and all many tempting themes... I keep coming back to one theme that seems most important- and none of my own personal photos really fully express what I want to write about today.

Giving Gifts.

I think the first gift we are ever given is the gift of positive thoughts.

Hold a newborn and you can not help but be drawn into their eyes as they are drawn into yours... and you can not help but hope for the best for this child... this gift of life.

The gift of positive thoughts.

In living a gentle, civilized life, over and over I try to bring the best of myself to my family and friends... and to the organizations and ideas that I believe are worthy endeavors, worthy investments of my own time and energy.

Every day I am blessed for I am married to a good and decent man. Yeah ok he is not entirely perfect- but he is perfect for me...

He is a good man and a good husband and father who daily gives the gift of his time, and the gift of his wide knowledge, and the gift of his hard work, and the gift of his great sense of humor to help make our world and our home a better place.

The gift of positive thoughts.

This week three important appeals for donations have appeared, like the three wise men. Each organization is different- and yet all three are very concerned about one subject that concerns my family- and that is Palestine.

I often blog these organizations' appeals because I think they are important... not only as it is VERY important to give money to help worthy endeavors, but also because each appeal helps explain their core mission, and their goals- and what they have accomplished.

The first best gift you can give is good thoughts... and then if you have a bit of money to spare, please feel free to invest it wisely in good ideas- and decent organizations that seek to help educate America about Palestine.... and the crucial importance of respecting the Palestinian refugee's inalienable legal, moral, natural and sacred right to return to original homes and lands.

Right now, more than ever, the people of Palestine need our help.

Mainstream media work... Help free Palestine with positive thoughts and efforts: As always (for good stories, and honest stories that help explain the very real plight of the Palestinians) PLEASE go to the link to read the story in full- to help let the newspaper know the story is popular- and to help bring in ad revenue for those newspapers who dare publish Palestinian perspectives... & feel free to write the newspaper a comment, note or formal letter.


No comments:

Shereen Audi "I really wanted to spread some hope and positivity and give that feeling to the world and to everyone who needs it... all I wish for Palestine and for our world is peace and light.."

  Shereen Audi "I really wanted to spread some hope and positivity and give that feeling to the world and to everyone who needs it......