Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Day The Palestinian Poet Darwish Died


The day the Palestinian poet Darwish died
so too did the floor
of my fairy garden

to echo our loss

The day the poet Mahmoud Darwish died
when some dreamers still dreamed
that a perfect poem
might come again
to answer our need
to become our prayer
and fill our hearts with hope...

To rescue civilization
with love...
and the catch of a phrase

An interplay of perfect words
To pull all away
from the darkening abyss
of petty politics...

I had imagined
that flowers planted there
on the floor of the fairy garden
would tell every story
in time
as in now

Reveal all truth
in time
as in now
before it's too late

One small corner
where paradigms might tingle
into every bloom

Enticing poems
for me...

The day the poet Darwish died
"I come from there... and remember"
echoed everywhere

And in my garden, the greater garden
bloom and birdsong
soothed my soul:

A fledgling fledged.



Poem & Picture Copyright ©2008 Anne Selden Annab

No comments:

Shereen Audi "I really wanted to spread some hope and positivity and give that feeling to the world and to everyone who needs it... all I wish for Palestine and for our world is peace and light.."

  Shereen Audi "I really wanted to spread some hope and positivity and give that feeling to the world and to everyone who needs it......